With all that is going on in the world, we need yoga now more than ever … maybe not JUST yoga, but it will help keep us calm. We are all in this together, and I want to make sure that not only my students, but those considering yoga, know that Simply Yoga is here for you now and will be here for you once the world settles down a bit.
Your health is my number one priority, and while the studio remains open for the time being, there may come a time when we are fored to close. With that in mind, here are some ways to create your OWN yoga studio:
- Create a quiet, dimly lit space (This does not have to be an entire room. It could be a corner of a room even.)
- Play relaxing music or sounds of nature
Learning how to breathe:
- Starting with the breath, deepen as you bring your awareness inward.
- Allow the body to soften/relax with each and every exhale.
- Acknowledge thoughts as they rise and let them go.
- Set an intention for the practice – to be calm, peaceful, present in the moment.
- Welcome movement into the body through different poses, such as Child’s Pose, Happy Baby, Forward Folds and Twists. Any movement that your body needs.